Calving Pens & Equipment
Weight: 1080 lbs.
Dimensions: 110" Wide x 81" High x 139" Long
Product Code: HCCVS
The Calving Pen is built for maximum safety and control in high-pressure situations when dealing with vulnerable animals. Designed as a circular pen, the Calving Pen ensures that cattle are led safely into the head gate with the assistance of the sweep. For added security, the sweep gate features lock-out points to prevent cattle from pushing back against the gate.
To access different parts of the animal, top and bottom individually locked doors are located on both sides of the pen. In the event that a calf needs to be pulled, the wide 7.5’ back gate provides you with enough space to perform safe delivery. Animals placed in the Calving Pen often need time to recuperate after a procedure. The self-catch head gate is designed to allow the rancher to closely monitor the animal while it is in recovery by opening back into the pen to keep the animal inside.
Designed with animal and rancher safety in mind, the Calving Pen is equipped with features that provide great animal control and accessibility in critical situations while minimizing stress and risk.Apply for Financing Get Your Calving Pen Brochure
Fill out this form to receive your Calving Pen brochure:
The half-circle design of the Calving Pen ensures that cattle are easily moved with the sweep gate into the head gate. There are no corners for stressed out cattle back into, ensuring handlers can stay safely outside of the pen. When the sweep gate is locked onto the back gate, the Calving Pen transforms into a basic chute to keep cattle stationary when undergoing a procedure.
Featuring a wide 7.5' back gate, the Calving Pen provides ample space for pulling calves. Additionally, the top and bottom split doors on both sides of the pen have independent locks, offering full side access to the animal while keeping livestock securely contained.
The Calving Pen is designed to accommodate any animal that requires immediate attention. For sick animals that need to be isolated from the herd, the Calving Pen provides great access to safely perform necessary treatments and operations.
The sweep gate enables the handler to quickly and safely secure the animal in the head gate, and features lock-out points to ensure that livestock cannot push the gate back towards the handler. To closely monitor a cow after an operation, the self-catch head gate opens back into the pen to keep the cow contained.
Thank you for your interest in Arrowquip! Fill out the short form below and someone from our team will contact you within one business day. In the meantime, you can also check out our FAQ section.
Calving Pen Specifications
- Half circle shape eliminates risk of animals backing into a corner
- 7.5’ back gate for wide rear access when pulling calves
- Can be used as a hospital pen for sick animals
- Sweep gate allows handler to control the cow without having to get into the pen
- Split top and bottom access doors on both sides of the pen
- Self-catch head gate features straight sides for added safety in the event that a cow goes down
- Individual locks on top and bottom doors on both sides provide access to different parts of the animal
- Half circle shape allows the sweep gate to work effectively, covering the entire surface area of the pen
- Sweep gate can be chained to the back of the pen for added security
- Sweep gate features lock-out points to ensure cattle cannot push the gate back towards the handler
- Half floor in the chute area to keep pen stationary