Lean Operations Leader
Job Type: Full-Time
Arrowquip is looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic Lean Operations Leader to join our Innovation Team! This salaried position is full-time and includes a benefits plan that starts after a successful probationary period.
Arrowquip designs and manufacturers cattle chutes and system equipment. We base our designs on cattle behavior and strive to keep ranchers and their families safe. We pride ourselves on a workplace culture of open ideas and constant improvement! Honestly, it is hard to describe the positive vibes here, you'll just have to come see for yourself!
- Enjoy a good steak
- Enjoy watching Gemba Academy & FastCap lean videos and implementing the ideas
- Enjoy digging into the detail and step-by-step process implementation
- Figure out how to fix it instead of who's to blame
- Big on execution of ideas (High Say-Do ratio)
- Only eat real meat
- Protect animals and people in the cattle industry
- Aren't afraid to make mistakes
- Care more about your attitude and values than your experience.
- Execution is everything
- Develop Standard Work Instructions (SWI) with shop floor associates
- Responsible for Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and tying solutions back to the SWI
- Responsible for supporting the shop floor with implementing and maintaining lean tools - 5S, Eliminating 8 Wastes, One-Piece-Flow (OPF), Takt Time, Just-in-Time (JIT), Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA), Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Kaizen, Root Cause Analysis, Toyota Kata, Toyota Production System, Workshop Management
- Identify, plan, lead the execution of Lean transformation workshops, that leads to the improved shop performance in quality, delivery and Safety.
- Productivity - Cost Control & Efficiency
- Eliminate waste to increase speed
- Keep focus on delivering value to the Customer
- Support cost management of departments
- At least 3 years applying lean tools and training others in manufacturing
- Lean or Six Sigma certified
- Results based and mentoring leadership style
- Create an environment of Continuous Improvement
- Always be willing to go to the Gemba, observe and ask questions
- Encourage strategic thinking, innovation, and ACTION
- Be willing to stop the line to ensure quality
- Be ethical and civil minded
- Be effective in cross- departmental communication
Arrowquip understands that a confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting the perfect candidates, so please don't hesitate to apply!